Sunday, November 14, 2010

Star Cruises


Maybe I had fantasized so much about becoming a pirate.

I am not sure why I am quite obsessed to experience the floating feeling inside the huge metal thing all these years. Maybe I missed the old feeling back in the year 1998 through 2003, when I still was studying in Labuan. For six years, I rode the ferry en routing Kota Kinabalu - Labuan. At some days, weather was good and destination was reached a little much faster about around 2 hours 30 minutes. But when the foul weather shows up, the whole passenger would throw up because of the high tide.

I did watch someone died inside the ferry while we were taking off from Kota Kinabalu to Labuan. All I can remember is, while we were sailing under an average weather and tide condition, one guy seems hurrying many times to the toilet. And upon reaching our destination, and on our way out, I could see a body was blanketed on the floor near the toilet. Few peoples were gathering around the body as if they were blocking the awful view from the public. I remembered the cloth the body was wearing, he was the guy that I mentioned earlier. God bless his soul.

I also experienced a great incident on the other trip. After one hour of sailing, the weather turned bad and people were shouting in fear as the ferry started to sway from side to side. While sitting in fear, we could watch the left windows were showing the ocean while the right windows show the sky, and the ferry swayed back while the sky and ocean were showed in the opposite windows. The ferry speed was decreased to reduce accident chances. As we approaching Labuan, the tide became normal again and people surely thanks their God for bringing safety.

Back to the present.

I went to the Starcruise terminal in Pulau Indah sometimes to have lunch. The terminal is big and seems to be operating under a good company. Recently, I heard that StarCruises management has changed. What is the agenda? I don't know. But I do know that it will change the whole earning of the company. They should just stick to the old concept to avoid people from freaking out on new regulations.

I love that feeling. The feel of sailing again but in a luxurious cruise.

 http://www.starcruises.com/newweb/main.aspx

A full picture I took while standing a the jetty.


No comments: